This Do-It-Yourself bonsai kit comes with a Swamp Cypress that has been shaped by putting movement to the trunk.
The Swamp Cypress (Taxodium distichum) is an upright, conical, deciduous tree found in swampy forest or by river margins located mostly in Southeastern American region up to Latin America. In its native habitat it can reach heights of 20-40 metres. Though often found growing in wet, swampy soils, the Swamp Cypress also grows well in relatively dry soils. In wet soil conditions, Swamp Cypress develop aerial roots known as 'knees' or pneumatophores at water level.
What's in the box?
- 1 X Swamp Cypress (Taxodium distichum)
- 1 X Container premium bonsai soil: Quality growing media specifically formulated as a free draining mix to prevent waterlogging and root rot, and contains controlled release plant food to feed your bonsai up to 6 months.
- 1 X Drainage mesh: Drainage mesh is used to cover the holes of your Bonsai pots. The mesh keeps the potting soil from escaping.
- 1 X Suitable bonsai pot: Perfectly sized glazed bonsai pot.
- 1 X container bonsai top dressing gravel: A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete your new Bonsai aesthetic.
- Care instructions.
Protuct Photo: 27 Jan 2022
Sometimes it's not possible to send the exact plant in the picture. If this is the case we may need to send you one that's similar in terms of size, shape, pot and age. The appearance of the tree may vary depending on the season as well.
Please note this item is pickup only.
Height: 1m including its pot
Photo: 05 Aug 2021