Azalea Bonsai Starter Kit
Azalea Bonsai Starter Kit
What's in the gift box?
- 1 X Azalea Bonsai Starter
- 1 X Container premium bonsai soil: Quality growing media specifically formulated as a free draining mix to prevent waterlogging and root rot, and contains controlled release plant food to feed your bonsai up to 6 months.
- 1 X Drainage mesh: Drainage mesh is used to cover the holes of your Bonsai pots. The mesh keeps the potting soil from escaping.
- 1 X Suitable bonsai pot: Perfectly sized glazed bonsai pot.
- 1 X container bonsai top dressing gravel: A beautiful blend of deep earth-toned bonsai gravel for the top of your soil to complete your new Bonsai aesthetic.
- 1 X Bonsai pruning scissor: Great when it comes to trimming roots, twigs and branches easily and precisely.
- 1 X Bonsai Book: All you need to know in one simple book to start your own Bonsai collection. This excellent book provides 101 simple essential steps to create grow a Bonsai plant.
- 1 X container slow release fertilizer: Formulated with full trace elements and minerals. Contains a professional wetting agent to improve watering efficiency. This controlled release fertilizer will feed your plant up to 12 months.
- General Care Guide Fridge Magnet
Azalea bonsai are as iconic as a Japanese maple or Japanese black pine bonsai. If you are looking for one of the most sought-after and dynamic bonsai tree species – you’ve found it! They grow in a relatively isolated parts of Southern Japan. Enjoyed for centuries as garden plants and generations as bonsai. There are over three hundred varieties of hybrids and floral presentations that exist today.
Satsuki azalea flowers for example can offer any color and combination of stripes and spots. Because of its flowering beauty and smooth, muscular-looking trunk, the Satsuki azalea is highly prized in the bonsai community.
Caring for azalea bonsai
Azaleas love water. Water until water comes out of the drainage holes in the bottom. In between these waterings, only moisten the surface of the plant to hydrate the fine roots without saturating middle-to-bottom portion of the container to avoid water-related issues.
Good to know: Flower rot can be catastrophic to the floral display of your azalea. Keeping the foliage and flowers dry when watering is a great way to prevent this from occurring.
In Spring and Autumn, azalea bonsai benefit from full sun to create strong flower buds with tight internodes and to build up the kind of resources that continue to perpetuate the species’ iconic floral display.
As a bonsai, azalea has some of the greatest capacity to grow in partial, or even full shade in some varieties and cultivars. The larger the leaf and overall size of the Satsuki azalea bonsai, the more heat they can tolerate.
Satsuki azalea bonsai enjoy organic feed.
Moderate application of once a month is all that's necessary to keep azalea bonsai growing strong.
Photo: Plant may not be in flower at time of your purchase.
Sometimes it's not possible to send the exact plant in the picture. If this is the case we may need to send you one that's similar in terms of size, shape, pot and age. The appearance of the tree may vary depending on the season as well.